For two decades, I have provided a wide range of legal services to people in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County and surrounding communities such as Squirrel Hill, Shadyside, Monroeville, Oakland, Point Breeze, East Liberty, Homewood, Homestead, Greenfield, Regent Square, Edgewood, Swissvale, South Side, and Wilkinsburg.
- Family Law: I help clients reach separation agreements and divorce agreements, child custody agreements, and child support orders, and assist them to obtain modifications to family court orders. We also handle domestic abuse (PFAs) and adoption.
- Collaborative Law
- Criminal Defense: I defend people, particularly students at area colleges and universities, charged in state courts with felony or misdemeanor crimes including underage drinking, possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to sell and other drug crimes, drunk driving, theft crimes, assault, disorderly conduct, traffic offenses, and all other criminal charges.
- Juvenile Law: I serve on the board of the Juvenile Law Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association. I represent juveniles in delinquency hearings and parents and caregivers in juvenile dependency hearings on charges of abuse or neglect.
- Entertainment Law: I represent filmmakers, actors, musicians, authors, and performers in contract negotiations, with contract review, with copyright issues, and incorporation of new business ventures.
- Estate Planning and Probate: I assist families in preparing wills, trusts, financial and healthcare powers of attorney, living wills, and other planning tools to distribute assets or communicate medical or financial wishes.
- Business Litigation: As a trial lawyer, I represent businesses involved in disputes with other businesses, whether in litigation or in negotiation.
- Collections: I serve as local counsel for businesses in other states who are seeking to collect debts from clients in Pennsylvania.
Much of my practice is in the area of family law, and I have been a leading advocate for mediation and collaborative law in Pennsylvania. My negotiation and conciliation skills can be a valuable asset in many legal matters when used to avoid the stress, expense, and unpredictability of a trial. Contact me to learn more about collaborative law and mediation.
Justice should not be dependent upon income. For clients with limited resources, I can act as a "legal coach," advising them on an as-needed basis at a reduced fee.